Ms. Romanelli is admitted to practice as avvocato in Italy, and as a foreign legal consultant in New York State.
She is of counsel (foreign legal consultant) with Crystal, LLC, Lawyers for Lawyers and International Matters. She assisted and collaborated with Crystal’s partners to provide professional legal services to international enterprises that need the experience of transactional attorneys. Ms. Romanelli focused on the complex issues arising from global digital media and technologies, an international field by definition. She also assisted Crystal’s partners in providing legal services to lawyers in the field of professional responsibility. Ms. Romanelli actively cured all aspects of the ancillary business of Crystal’s Firm, www.technethics.com, a data base on ethics and technology and privacy, a community of scholars and practitioners, and a training platform.
Ms. Romanelli supports the use of ADR methods where possible and to foster this idea she became an approved mediator at the New York Peace Institute.
Before Crystal, Ms. Romanelli worked as an associate with TLS, Associazione Professionale di Avvocati e Commercialisti, Italian member firm of PwC. Her focus has been primarily on corporate law and transactional work. She provided legal assistance to a broad range of Italian and international clients, from start-up to well established companies. Ms. Romanelli worked in team with other more senior professionals to set up branches and offices in several countries, drafted and contributed to the negotiation of many commercial agreements.
She also participated in the drafting of papers and pamphlets, including PWC’s publication “Societas Europaea – Analysis of Community provisions and their implementation in the Member States.”
Ms. Romanelli is a law graduate of Università degli Studi di Milano with a major in International and European Law. She also has a Masters Degree in Law at Universidad Católica de Avila. Ms. Romanelli obtained her master degree of law in Spain, acquiring a good knowledge of the Spanish legal system.
- Italian (mother tongue)
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (good)
- German (basic)
- Ordine degli Avvocati di Milano
- Madrid Bar Associacion (pending formal registration to “Colegio Abogados Madrid”)
- New York State Bar Association (formal registration pending)
- New York Peace Institute
- New York County Lawyer Association
Participated in the editing of the following books:
- Societas Europaea – Analysis of Community provisions and their implementation in the Member States, 2010, published on an international level by IPSOA
- What about Italy? Easy guide to your Italian business, 2008
- La società europea – La disciplina comunitaria e il suo recepimento in Italia e nei principali Stati membri, 2007, published in Italy by EGEA
Further collaborations to the drafting of the following articles:
- Nathan M. Crystal & Francesca Giannoni-Crystal, “Something’s got to give” – Cloud Computing, as applied to lawyers – comparative approach US and EU and practical proposals to overcome differences, together with Nathan M. Crystal, Opinio Juris in Comparatione Vol.I, n.I, 2014 (available at http://www.opiniojurisincomparatione.org/ )
- The vertical agreements in the new Regulation (EU) n. 330/2010 by Barbara Ferri and Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 9, 2010
- Label Made in Italy on textile, leather and footwear products by Barbara Ferri and Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 5, 2010
- Unchanged the thresholds for the filing fee for concentration operations and new instructions to compute the value of the transaction by Barbara Ferri and Federica Romanelli, in TLS Newsletter, n. 1, 2010
- Made in Italy and wholly Italian products by Barbara Ferri and Alvise Becker in TLS Newsletter, n. 1, 2010
- Timings and costs of the Italian justice are still too expensive by Stefano Cancarini and Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 7, 2009 and in Sole 24ORE
- The Cassazione stops the traffic auxiliaries by Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 3, 2009
- Financial intermediaries: information duties and precontractual responsibility by Manuela Bianchi and Ivana Genestrone in TLS Newsletter, n. 12, 2008
- Derogation of the mergers’ proceedings by Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 12, 2008
- The claim against the resolutions of the shareholders’ meetings whose effects have already expired by Stefano Cancarini and Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 8, 2008
- Unchanged the thresholds for the filing fee for concentration operations by Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 2, 2008
- The corrective decree of the bankruptcy law reform by Salvatore Cuzzocrea and Alvise Becker in TLS Newsletter, n. 10, 2007
- The precautionary ordinances which define the judgment, even if partially, have to be registered by Filippo Maria Riva in TLS Newsletter, n. 10, 2007
- Legal persons may be indemnified for unreasonably long trials by Federica Romanelli in TLS Newsletter, n. 7, 2007
- Change in the aggregate turnover thresholds for the prior notification of concentration by Barbara Ferri in TLS Newsletter, n. 5, 2007
- Legislative Decree n. 231/01: the difference between practice and grammar by Paola Barazzeta in TLS Newsletter, n. 4, 2007